Saturday, June 14, 2008

Elim Conference & Bible Week

The Bible Week is always a highlight of the year and a great opportunity to meet with the hundreds of delegates who attend together with around 2500 guests at Pontins in Prestatyn. The ministry of Tommy Barnett and Sy Rogers from the States was greatly appreciated as were all those who contributed to a fabulous week together.

On a personal note I was overwhelmed by the margin by which the Conference affirmed my position as General Superintendent for a third term. I was well aware no previous holder of the office had been invited to continue beyond eight years and I was humbled by the 87% vote that was received. As I said at the time, I will do all that I can to serve the Movement in the light of the trust that they have placed in me and solicit their prayers for myself, and for Marilyn, in the days that lie ahead.

No comments: