Monday, October 11, 2010

Alex Tee - celebrating his life

A memorial service to commemorate the life and ministry of Alex Tee was attended by hundreds of people at the Lighthouse Christian Centre in Manchester.

Alexander Tee had been an Elim minister for an astonishing 58 years. During that period he had planted numerous churches around the UK, been national Youth Director (when I was in my teens), President of the Movement and apart from pastoring several key churches had served on Elim's Executive Council for a total of twelve years.

Tribute was paid to Winifred Tee who had served with him throughout his ministry and to Margaret and Sharon his two daughters. The service was convened by his son-in-law Paul Hallam, senior minister of LCC and the preacher was Malcolm Hathaway, pastor of our Southport Church where Alex had lived in retirement. I brought a tribute on behalf of the Movement. A more in depth account of this special service will be published in a future edition of Direction.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In 1985 I attended an evangelistic meeting in Brampton, Ontario Canada with an Alex Tee presiding.
I was wondering if this is the same person.
I said the sinners prayer along with my mother at this time. I was 17.
It was the start of a faith journey.
Blessings

Unknown said...

Yes. I was there.

Unknown said...

He preached on false prophets

Reflective said...

I was a young Christian in my mid-teens when I attended Elim's Easter Royal Albert Hall meetings. Alex Tee spoke in one of,the afternoon meetings from 2 Samuel 24:24 where King David says to Aruanah "I will not offer unto the Lord my God that which does cost me nothing." I have never forgotten the impact of that message on my life - 49 years ago this year (2020). Later when I became an Elim Minister myself I had the privilege of being Alex Tee's songleader on a number of his evangelistic crusades. He was a godly man whose zeal for the proclamation of the Gospel never diminished in spite of his own ill health.