Monday, February 28, 2011

The Gathering

Though this major event has been highlighted in detail already in our magazine, I could not possibly leave this out of my itinerary. It was a privilege to be invited by the Serious4God team, led by Mark Pugh, to speak on the final Sunday morning of the three day event.

Around 1700 of our young people were present. At the final meeting on the Sunday morning at which I spoke I gave one of the most challenging appeals for commitment I have given in over forty years as a minister. It was moving to witness the hundreds of young people who stood to their feet in positive response.

There has never been a time when the youth section of our Movement has been stronger than it is today and I cannot applaud to highly the calibre of young men and women who give leadership to this dynamic initiative within Elim.

No comments: