Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rev. Archie Biddle

It was a delight to spend a few hours recently with Archie Biddle who is now well into his 90's and has been a Elim minister for over fifty years. Though now in a residential care home, in his earlier years he pastored some of our key churches and served as Elim's President in the days when that annual office was in place. He was also a member of the National Leadership Team - then known as the Executive Council.

He was a great pastor and an excellent preacher - speaking on two occasions at Elim's Easter celebrations in London's Royal Albert Hall.

It was very evident that he is held in the highest regard in his Torquay home. The staff refer to him as the 'father of the house'.

I try whenever I am able to visit those who have served our Movement for so many years - not just for their sake but for my own - to remind myself that, were it not for their input and sacrifice, Elim would not be what it is today.

2 comments:

Keith Lannon said...

Archie Biddle. A man of God who in the last days of the 60's and the first year or two of the seventies I saw a lot of via Elim Bible College. At that time Portsmouth Elim was one of the strongest fellowships I visited in Elim, thriving, outward looking and powerful. The man was a pillar of strength to me. I thank God for every memory I have of him.

ChristieHarman said...

This is my Great Grandfather!! Even when we visit now he is still an inspiration! Mind, wit and humour as sharp as ever!! Still reads his Bible and prays like I would love to!

Love my Great Grandad Archie!