Friday, March 15, 2013

Leicester Elim

It had been forty years since I had last preached at Leicester Elim and I was told by some members who could still remember the visit that I brought with me a worship leader in his late teens who they described as 'Noel Richards' before he was Noel Richards.  I knew what they meant as the young man who accompanied me was later to become one of the best known Christian singer song-writers in the country.

The church now was in a totally different venue since those days and their relatively new pastor Ian Nicholson, pictured here with his wife Liz, is already having a very positive effect on this fine congregation.  Ian has a faithful track record in our Movement and is a wise leader with a great pastoral heart.  Thank you Leicester for your warm welcome.  I very much enjoyed my time with you.

3 comments:

JohnAllman.UK said...

Hi John (Glass)

I came across this because I was in Leicester yesterday, trying unsuccessfully to contact the church there, about the need of somebody I was trying to help, a need that has now been met.

I used to know John Tonks, and once stayed with Peter Lavender.

I met you are Elim Launceston, where I am still worshipping.

Having discovered your blog by accident like this, I decided to follow it, but cannot work out how to. Are you able to advise?

In Christ,

John Allman
http://JohnAllman.UK

Unknown said...

Hi Liz and ean Trust you are well. Do you still play golf .I am getting good fellowship with with Brookbourgh elim Northan Island

Unknown said...

Colin and joanie West colin.joanie@yahoo.com