Saturday, December 06, 2014

Dr. Michael NTumy

I flew in and out of Hamburg Germany in a day so that I could visit and pray with my good friend, former chairman of the Church of Pentecost, Dr. Michael Ntumy.

After a serious operation this exceptional leader, who during his tenure saw CoP double in numbers and become the largest Denomination in Ghana, was confined to a wheelchair.  However, as those who suffer in this way are not defined by their disability I have chosen a photo taken in 2006 when the President of Ghana decorated him with the 'Order of the Volta' the second highest national award in Ghana.

Apostle Ntumy is an inspiration to many - not just in the two million strong Church of Pentecost - but countless others around the world through his books.  He remains one of the finest Christian leaders I have encountered.

No comments: