Monday, November 30, 2015

Manchester

In 1968 I left my home church in Elim Manchester that had been pioneered by my father and went to Bible College to begin my training to be a minister.  It was more than fitting that 47 years later, and shortly before retiring as our Movement's leader, the final large gathering at which I would be preaching in that capacity would be the church where it all began that is now located adjacent to Media City Salford - the part of Manchester where I became a Christian as a child 62 years ago

For the past thirty years Paul and Mags Hallam have led the church and it is during their ministry that the major growth and development has taken place that has brought this significant church - that now has branches throughout India and Romania that, apart from churches, include schools and orphanages - to the place it is in today.

During their tenure which has been hallmarked by huge vision, faith and sacrifice they have built a first class team of top quality leaders around them.  They are truly amazing people.

My Sunday began with an interview with BBC radio Manchester to talk about Elim's Centenary and then on to minister at the 11am service.

No comments: