Monday, November 16, 2009

Rotherham Elim

John and Tracy Murfin have been in Rotherham for nine years which would certainly support that the theory that longer ministries produce greater growth. The church was full for the morning service in which John announced that the church would shortly be extending their curent fascilities. Following the morning service caterers prepared a four course lunch for thirty of the leaders prior to me speaking to the group that spanned the full age range within the church.

1 comment:

Ianjford2009 said...

Dear John,

I'm a young reporter currently studying at the University of Sheffield. As part of my course I've been assigned Rotherham as a patch in which to find stories, which is how I came across your blog.

If it's okay with you, I would be interested in doing a piece on the church you mention in this post; in particular looking at how this church is bucking the trend for falling attendances nationally.

It seems clear from what you write that there is a great community at the heart of the church, and that dedicated and lengthy ministry is key to its success. I would also hope to explore how the Elim Network of Churches works.

Apologies if you are not involved with the church directly, but if you could still put me in touch with John and Tracy Murfin I would greatly appreciate it.

I can be emailed at jop09ijf@sheffield.ac.uk, or rang on 07905707410.

Thanks,
Ian Ford